Task & Purpose, a rapidly growing news and culture site geared toward the modern military and veterans community, is looking to add a video producer/editor to our dynamic team in our New York City office. The videos you work on will be featured on our social channels and in articles that reach more than 42 million viewers.
In this role, you must be able to quickly distill a complicated news story into a short, punchy script. You should also be versatile; one day writing a breaking news script; the next, filming a live event and editing it down to 2 minutes. Our team is small, but fast-paced and we’re looking for new team members who can match that pace. The ideal candidate thrives in a rigorous startup environment, can develop a video strategy for a small team, and balance multiple projects for both short turnarounds and long leads.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere and After Effects.
- Owns video equipment for for shooting and editing.
- Strong interest in military/veterans news and affairs; informed on current events and topics related to military and veterans space.
- Strong work ethic; ability to multi-task and take initiative with new ideas and projects is an absolute must.
- A portfolio of video work that demonstrates an ability to write, produce, and edit high-quality video products.
- Are a self-starter who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced media environment.
- Knowledge of social media and how to package a story to travel on the social web.
- Write crisp, clean and quick copy.
- Ability to meet editing deadlines.
- Must be outgoing, self starter, and eager to pitch new ideas.
Applicants must be located in or able to relocate to New York City. This position is full-time and includes competitive salary and health insurance benefits. Salary will commensurate with experience.
If you’re interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio (with at least 5 video packages or a reel you played a key role in editing), or links to individual videos you created. Please provide explanation for each video explaining your role in its production.
Send your resume and clips to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Video Editor — [Last name].