In honor of military working dogs, here are 10 awesome photos of the military’s four-legged warriors.
Dogs have been a staple of military life for ages, but in recent years, military working dogs have captured the attention of countless Americans, and for good reason. There’s Cairo, the Belgian Malinois that accompanied SEAL Team 6 on the infamous May 2011 Osama bin Laden raid. And of course, there are the countless other military working dogs who supported their handlers in Iraq and Afghanistan and continue to “pull security” on military bases across the globe.
Here are 10 photos that capture the loyalty, strength, and courage of our four-legged companions.
1. They start small, and cute.
2. Then they get big, but they stay cute.
3. They’re war dogs through and through.
4. They take to the air.
5. And they aren’t scared of the water. Clearly.
6. They know what it means to be “dog tired.”
7. They are a serviceman’s, or woman’s, best friend.
8. Don’t push your luck though, they’re not “all bark, and no bite.”
9. They bleed red, white, and blue.
10 And they stick with their buddies on and off the battlefield.
James Clark is a staff writer for Task & Purpose. He is a former Marine combat correspondent and a veteran of the War in Afghanistan. You can reach him via email at [email protected]
Follow James Clark on Twitter