Patty is a senior staff writer for Task & Purpose. She has covered the military and national defense for five years, including embedding with the National Guard during Hurricane Florence and covering legal proceedings for a former al Qaeda commander at Guantanamo Bay. Her previous bylines can be found at the Associated Press, Bloomberg Government, Washington Post, The New York Times, and ABC.
Patty attended Binghamton University for her bachelor’s degree and Northwestern University where she received a MSJ in Journalism with a focus on politics and national security.
- Veterans Service Dog Program Stymied by Disputes on Rules, Money Bloomberg Government
- Israel: Hezbollah undeterred after recent setbacks The Associated Press
- Defense Dept. grappling with care for ailing Guantanamo detainees United Press International
- Ketamine that’s injected during arrests draws new scrutiny The Associated Press
- Ukraine Conflict Pushes US Defense Industry to Weigh Wartime IP Bloomberg Law