Are you an experienced branding writer with a passion for creating innovative and engaging content?
Lafayette Media Group, a technology company empowering the next great generation of American veterans, is looking for a freelance writer to help us create exciting and inspirational content to promote our clients’ employer brands and their commitment to the military community.
Lafayette Media Group comprises three brands: Hirepurpose, Task & Purpose, and MilitaryOneClick, that each offer unique solutions to challenges faced by service members, spouses, and military family members.
This freelancer will be responsible for writing custom branded content, including career guidance articles, company profiles, hot jobs roundups, interviews with subject matter experts, and clients to get an insider perspective, human interest feature stories, and more. This type of writing requires someone who is 60% writer and 40% marketing expert. Example headlines include:
“10 Companies That Want to Hire You Now And Give You A Purpose”
“5 Companies Hiring Veterans Like Crazy in June And How To Get Their Attention”
“8 Secrets To Getting A Great Job That You Love”
“These Companies Are Empowering Military Spouses To Work From Anywhere”
- Must be an excellent editor and writer, with a creative vision, spot-on judgment, and the ability to take raw copy and turn it into something truly special.
- At least 2-3 years of professional writing and editing experience within digital media required (military, career, branded content is a plus).
- A genuine interest in digital advertising, and specifically branded content.
- Must be motivated to help people make smarter career choices.
- Must be able to delivery copy on deadline.
- Writes, writes, and writes.
About Lafayette Media Group
Lafayette Media Group, a certified B Corp, builds brands that empower and support the U.S. military and veterans community. Our leading news site, Task & Purpose, provides authentic and unfiltered perspectives on military and veterans issues in the post-9/11 era. Our career site, Hirepurpose, connects veterans and military spouses with great careers at Fortune 1000 companies. MilitaryOneClick, a company operated entirely by military spouses, helps military family members build community through digital platforms and live events.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and at least 3 samples of your work, or a portfolio.
Send application with subject “Branded Content Writer Application — [Last name]” to email@example.com.