Task & Purpose, a rapidly growing news and culture site geared toward the modern military and veterans community, is looking to add to our dynamic team with a summer editorial internship.
As an intern with a popular military news start-up, you’ll have the chance to engage in every aspect of the editorial process, from researching and writing stories, to copy-editing and creating independent reports.
Our interns are a valued part of our team. You’ll work closely with Task & Purpose’s writers and editors to help conceive and execute the big ideas. In addition to a published byline, you’ll also learn about digital media from the Task & Purpose team in everything from site analytics to designing compelling social media posts.
If you’re engaged, driven, dynamic, and want to join a team devoted to giving voice to the new generation of American veterans emerging after the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Strong interest in military/veterans news and affairs; informed on current events and topics related to military and veterans space.
- Experience writing and editing in a journalistic capacity and can demonstrate experience with sample work.
- Ability to file clean copy on deadline.
- Interns are expected to pitch and write stories for the Web on a variety of topics, including news, features, human interest pieces, and well as multimedia articles.
- Must be outgoing and a self-starter.
- Hours are flexible and students are welcome to apply. Military experience or connection helps, but isn’t as necessary as a critical mind and a passion for news.
Interns will receive a stipend and be additionally compensated for any stories they create.
If you’re interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and sample piece of writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Internship Application 2016 — [Last name].