Task & Purpose, a rapidly growing news and culture site geared toward the modern military and veterans community, is looking to add to our dynamic team with apart-time video researcher to support the video and editorial production team.
As an researcher with a popular military news startup, you’ll work closely with Task & Purpose’s creative and editorial team to create highly shareable video and print content and have the chance to engage in many aspects of the editorial and social media process. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to create compelling, engaging and entertaining content that will resonate with our audience.
You’ll work closely with Task & Purpose’s editorial staff, as well as its social media and growth team to help conceive and execute the big ideas that propelled this platform to 2 million unique monthly pageviews in less than two years.
If you’re engaged, driven, dynamic, and want to join a team devoted to giving voice to the new generation of American veterans emerging after the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Write and shape copy for videos, as well as conduct necessary fact-checking and copy editing
- Help condense difficult concepts into useable information for video editors.
- Acquire various video and graphic elements for news stories, history, and evergreen content.
- Utilize internet, and other research techniques to gather video elements.
- Identify any clearance, copyright and standards restrictions for acquired elements and properly license all clips and graphic elements.
- Maintain extensive clip and image database.
- Track costs and clearances for acquiring licenses for video.
- Ability to be in office 24 hours per week across 3 to 5 business days.
- Strong interest in military/veterans news and affairs; informed on current events and topics related to military and veterans space.
- Strong work ethic; ability to multi-task and take initiative with new ideas and projects is an absolute must.
- 1 to 2+ years of photo and video research work experience required.
- Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, YouTube and Reddit user.
- Strong ability to identify and incorporate online trends.
- Video-editing experience desired, and a background shooting and editing clean audio and video is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work in high-pressure situations and on deadline.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize simultaneous research assignments.
- Hours are flexible and students are welcome to apply. Military experience or connection helps, but isn’t as necessary as a critical mind and a passion for news.
If you’re interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio, or links to individual videos you helped create with descriptions of the roles you played creating that content.
Send your resume and clips to: email@example.com with the subject line: Video Researcher — [Last name].