Get Task & Purpose in your inbox
Woman arrested for asking to speak with 'Agent Penis' at CIA HQ arrested again
The woman who was arrested last year for showing up at CIA headquarters and demanding to speak with 'Agent Penis' has been arrested again for violating the conditions of her pre-trial release.
WTOP reports that 58-year-old Jennifer Hernandez was taken into custody by U.S. Marshals on Wednesday after she returned to the CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia, in late December of last year despite a judge's order to stay away from all U.S. government facilities.
Hernandez originally ended up on the CIA's radar back in May 2019 when she over three consecutive days attempted to enter CIA headquarters before being rebuffed agency police officers. On the third attempt, Hernandez demanded a conversation with Agent Penis.
Despite her bizarre attempt to enter CIA HQ, Hernandez had been free on her own recognizance ahead of her trial after she was initially charged with trespassing at the agency installation.
During the most recent encounter at CIA HQ in December, Hernandez was initially warned, again, to stay away from any U.S. government installations.
"As officers were able to convince the defendant to leave the premises, she did not receive new criminal charges," according to a filing by Senior Probation Officer Bethany Erding obtained by WTOP. "However, the defendant did receive another written warning directing her to remain off all CIA property."
Hernandez has also been charged with unlawful entry by the Secret Service for showing up at the home of former President Barack Obama earlier that month — her second attempt, apparently — after a judge explicitly told her not to trespass on the property.
"You shouldn't be going to places like the CIA and the Obama's house," Judge John Anderson had told Hernandez during a November hearing. "You have to fight the callings, and you just can't go back there."
An unsealed warrant shows that these violations of her pre-trial agreement earned her a nice visit from the U.S. Marshal's service ahead of her trespassing trail, according to WTOP, which notes that Hernandez's attorney is considering a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.
Agent Penis could not be reached for comment.
Though the Army has yet to actually set an official recruiting goal for this year, leaders are confident they're going to bring in more soldiers than last year.
Maj. Gen. Frank Muth, head of Army Recruiting Command, told reporters on Wednesday that the Army was currently 2,226 contracts ahead of where it was in 2019.
"I will just tell you that this time last year we were in the red, and now we're in the green which is — the momentum's there and we see it continuing throughout the end of the year," Muth said, adding that the service hit recruiting numbers in February that haven't been hit during that month since 2014.
KABUL/WASHINGTON/PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - The United States and the Taliban will sign an agreement on Feb. 29 at the end of a week long period of violence reduction in Afghanistan, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and the Taliban said on Friday.
Active-duty service members, Reservists and National Guard members often serve side-by-side performing highly skilled and dangerous jobs, such as parachuting, explosives demolition and flight deck operations.
Reservists and Guard members are required to undergo the same training as specialized active-duty troops, and they face the same risks. Yet the extra incentive pay they receive for their work — called hazardous duty incentive pay — is merely a fraction of what their active-duty counterparts receive for performing the same job.
A bipartisan group of lawmakers, led by U.S. Rep. Andy Kim, D-3 of Moorestown, are partnering on legislation to correct the inequity. Known as the Guard and Reserve Hazard Duty Pay Equity Act, the bill seeks to standardize payment of hazardous duty incentive pay for all members of the armed services, including Reserve and National Guard components.
Another Marine was hit with jail time and a bad-conduct discharge in connection with a slew of arrests made last summer over suspicions that members of a California-based infantry battalion were transporting people who'd crossed into the U.S. illegally.
Some Fort Bragg paratroopers who left for the Middle East on a no-notice deployment last month came home Thursday.
About 3,500 soldiers with the 82nd Airborne Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team were sent to Kuwait beginning Jan. 1 as tensions were rising in the region. The first soldiers were in the air within 18 hours of being told to go.