Task & Purpose, a rapidly growing news and culture site geared toward the modern military and veterans community, is looking to add a video writer/producer/editor to our dynamic team in our New York City office. The videos you work on will be featured on our social channels that reach more than 42 million viewers.
You must be able to quickly distill a complicated news story into a short, compelling script. You should also be versatile; one day writing a breaking news script; the next, filming a live event and cutting it down to 2 minutes. Our team is small, but fast-paced and we’re looking for new team members who can match that pace. The ideal candidate thrives in a startup environment, can develop a video strategy for a small team, and balance multiple projects for both short turnarounds and long leads.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere and After Effects.
- Strong interest in military/veterans news and affairs; informed on current events and topics related to military and veterans space.
- Strong work ethic; ability to multi-task and take initiative with new ideas and projects is an absolute must.
- 2-3 years experience working in a newsroom environment producing video.
- Are a self-starter who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced media environment.
- Knowledge of social media and how to package a story to travel on the social web.
- Write crisp, clean and quick copy.
- A portfolio of video work that demonstrates an ability to writer, produce, and edit high-quality video products.
- Ability to meet editing deadlines.
- Must be outgoing, self starter, and eager to pitch new ideas.
Applicants must be located in or able to relocate to New York City. This position is full-time and includes competitive salary and health insurance benefits. Salary will commensurate with experience.
If you’re interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio (with at least 5 video packages or a reel you played a key role in editing), or links to individual videos you created. Please provide explanation for each video explaining your role in its production.
Send your resume and clips to: [email protected] with the subject line: Video Writer — [Last name].
If you’re engaged, driven, dynamic, and want to join a team devoted to giving voice to the new generation of American veterans emerging after the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, this could be a great opportunity for you.