Here’s How Army Uniforms Have Changed In The 242 Years Since Independence Day
In the 241 years since the United States of America declared independence from the British Empire in 1776, the uniforms of...
In the 241 years since the United States of America declared independence from the British Empire in 1776, the uniforms of those serving in the U.S. Army have changed drastically.
Over the years, as the nation grew, uniforms have evolved to fit the times and take advantage of changes in tactics and technology. In some cases, as this paper from US Army History notes, the changes were minor affairs, while in other cases, the look of the Army was radically changed.
We have highlighted some of the major advancements in Army uniforms in the graphic below.
Infographic via Business Insider
More from Business Insider:
- 'El Chapo' Guzman's powerful Sinaloa cartel is withering while he sits in a U.S. jail
- Trump calls last-surviving member of WWII Doolittle Raiders
- 25 movies that will make you proud to be an American
- Incredible video footage shows U.S. Marines striking ISIS with artillery
- A 'suicide squad' is braving bullets to rescue civilians in a Philippine town battered by Islamist rebels and government troops