With the gripping title, “Firework Fail - Idiots light mortar shell in garag,” what can possibly go wrong? The “e” is missing, but that’s probably because whoever filmed this posted it online as quickly as possible. Probably thinking: “Oh my god, the world has to witness this! There’s no time for spell check!” Or, “Shit the cops are coming so I might as well get this out to as many people as possible before they haul us in.”
Posted to YouTube on July 3, the video shows four men wearing flak jackets and kevlar in a two-car garage, with an American flag on the wall, and rucksack and sea bags in a corner — my guess is that they’re in either in the military, or are veterans.
“Why would he lock the door?” asks the first man on screen, a question that no one answers, and after seeing the video, you kind of have to wonder the same thing.Then the person who’s clearly spearheading this effort announces, “Alright, here we go.”
The camera pans to the center of the garage where a fuse that runs into a Miller Lite box is lit. By this time, we know where the beer went.
For just a second, it looks like it’ll be a dud, and then the large firework promptly explodes in a massive shower of light and smoke. Clearly, it's not an actual mortar as the video's title might suggest, but is actually a reference to a kind of firework.
It’s pretty amazing that no one was injured, with exception of the cameraman, who got singed a bit. One thing’s for sure: These guys know how to celebrate the holidays, and they also paid attention to their safety brief. I mean, they had their PPE.
Though they weren’t wearing eye protection...
Watch the video below.