Just How Deadly Is John Wick? Watch This New Kill-Count Video

Entertainment
Photo via IMDB

Keanu Reeves is poised to hit big screens in a third installment of the John Wick franchise, slated for sometime next year. For those unfamiliar with the franchise and its brand of stylized mayhem, Reeves, 52, can still convincingly star as Wick, a mass-murdering semi-reformed hitman who sprints about, periotting and shooting guns akimbo.


But just how effective of a killing machine is the besuited Wick, described by fearful gangsters as a boogeyman?

Fortunately, someone took the time to do a body count this week, and it doesn’t disappoint.

The final count for “John Wick: Chapter 2” comes out to a chilling 128 dead bad guys — eat your heart out, Rambo. That’s a pretty big bump in dead bad guys compared to the first “John Wick” installment, in which Reeve’s pistol packing hitman netted just 77 kills.

Related: Watch 2 BuzzFeed Reporters Try To Shred A 3-Gun Course Like Keanu Reeves »

Still, that puts Wick leaps beyond another infamous gunslinger with a particular set of skills: Liam Neeson’s Bryan Mills, who killed just 40 bad guys in “Taken,” 32 in “Taken 2,” and 15 in “Taken 3.

At this point, there’s no real telling what “John Wick 3” has in store for viewers, though the directors have hinted that it’ll bring us more on the secret world of assassins paid in gold doubloons. But one thing is for certain: “John Wick 3” is gonna have an impressive body count.

US Marine Corps

Former Marine Commandant Gen. Charles Krulak has issued a statement urging President Donald Trump and members of Congress to oppose pardons for those accused or convicted of war crimes since, he argued, it would "relinquish the United States' moral high ground."

"If President Trump follows through on reports that he will mark Memorial Day by pardoning individuals accused or convicted of war crimes, he will betray these ideals and undermine decades of precedent in American military justice that has contributed to making our country's fighting forces the envy of the world," said Krulak, who served in the Marine Corps for more than three decades before retiring in 1999 as the 31st Commandant.

Read More Show Less

President Donald Trump will nominate Barbara Barrett to serve as the next Air Force secretary, the president announced on Tuesday.

"I am pleased to announce my nomination of Barbara Barrett of Arizona, and former Chairman of the Aerospace Corporation, to be the next Secretary of the Air Force," Trump tweeted. "She will be an outstanding Secretary! #FlyFightWin"

Read More Show Less

The Trump administration is trying to assure Congress that it does not want to start a war with Iran, but some lawmakers who fought in Iraq are not so sure.

Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Joseph Dunford both briefed Congress on Tuesday about Iran. Shanahan told reporters earlier on Tuesday that the U.S. military buildup in the region has stopped Iran and its proxies from attacking U.S. forces, but the crisis is not yet over.

"We've put on hold the potential for attacks on Americans," Shanahan said. "That doesn't mean that the threats that we've previously identified have gone away. Our prudent response, I think, has given the Iranians time to recalculate. I think our response was a measure of our will and our resolve that we will protect our people and our interests in the region."

Read More Show Less
U.S. Navy/Mass Communication Specialist 1st Class Brian M. Wilbur/Handout via REUTERS

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump warned on Monday Iran would be met with "great force" if it attacked U.S. interests in the Middle East, and government sources said Washington strongly suspects Shi'ite militias with ties to Tehran were behind a rocket attack in Baghdad's Green Zone.

"I think Iran would be making a very big mistake if they did anything," Trump told reporters as he left the White House on Monday evening for an event in Pennsylvania. "If they do something, it will be met with great force but we have no indication that they will."

Read More Show Less
(U.S. Army photo)

After a year and a half since the Army took delivery on the first of its souped-up new version of the M1 Abrams main battle tank, the Pentagon's Joint Systems Manufacturing Center in Lima, Ohio is ramping up to deliver the service's first full brigade of upgraded warhorses to bring the pain downrange.

Read More Show Less