Keanu Will Return For ‘John Wick 3,’ Which Means More Guns And More Dead Bad Guys

Entertainment
Guess who's back?
Photo via IMDB

Keanu Reeves, Hollywood’s beloved time-travelling stoner turned-incognito FBI agent surfer, is ready to reprise his role as the dapper yet furious assassin in the third installment of the ‘John Wick’ franchise.


Defined by it’s stylized violence, visceral mayhem, and a veritable arsenal of sleek firearms, the breakout success of the first ‘John Wick’ was followed by the far more ridiculous ‘John Wick: Chapter 2,’ which debuted earlier this year.

‘Chapter 2’ director Chad Stahelski told Collider that while the script is still in development, filming could start as early as this year — or the beginning of next year. Really, it just depends on “how fast can we get our shit together,” Stahelski said during the May 24 interview.

Stahelski is currently on hand as a prep director, but there’s a good chance that he’ll be holding the reins of the next film to feature the suit-sporting, gun-dancing, killing machine that is John Wick. It’s unclear what the third Wick film will entail, but according to the interview with Stahelski we’ll see more of the mysterious world of super assassins and murderers-for-hire paid in gold doubloons like M4-rocking buccaneers. Personally, I hope John Wick’s dog features prominently in the third installment.

Related: Watch Keanu Reeves Destroy This Gun Range »

Of course, Reeves will headline as the film’s namesake. The 52-year-old actor — yeah, he’s in his fucking 50’s — has gone to incredible lengths to train for the role, from martial arts, to running three-gun drills on the daily. By now, he’s probably as lethal as the hitman he plays on screen.

If you’re in need of a refresher for what ‘John Wick’ is all about, get your fix with the trailer for ‘John Wick: Chapter 2.’

Photo: Twitter

For an organization that is constantly shining a light on things that would rather be kept out of the public eye, the moderators of U.S. Army WTF! Moments have done a remarkably impressive job at staying anonymous.

That is, until Monday.

Read More Show Less

For U.S. service members who have fought alongside the Kurds, President Donald Trump's decision to approve repositioning U.S. forces in Syria ahead of Turkey's invasion is a naked betrayal of valued allies.

"I am ashamed for the first time in my career," one unnamed special operator told Fox News Jennifer Griffin.

In a Twitter thread that went viral, Griffin wrote the soldier told her the Kurds were continuing to support the United States by guarding tens of thousands of ISIS prisoners even though Turkey had nullified an arrangement under which U.S. and Turkish troops were conducting joint patrols in northeastern Syria to allow the Kurdish People's Protection Units, or YPG, to withdraw.

"The Kurds are sticking by us," the soldier told Griffin. "No other partner I have ever dealt with would stand by us."

Read More Show Less

Defense Secretary Mark Esper has confirmed that a nightmare scenario has come to pass: Captured ISIS fighters are escaping as a result of Turkey's invasion of Kurdish-held northeast Syria.

Turkey's incursion has led to "the release of many dangerous ISIS detainees," Esper said in a statement on Monday.

Read More Show Less
ABC News anchor Tom Llamas just before his network airs grossly inaccurate footage

Video footage of a purported "bombing of Kurd civilians" by Turkish military forces shown on ABC News appeared to be a nighttime firing of tracer rounds at a Kentucky gun range.

Read More Show Less

The U.S. military's seemingly never-ending mission supporting civil authorities along the southwestern border will last at least another year.

On Sept. 3, Defense Secretary Mark Esper approved a request from the Department of Homeland Security to provide a total of up to 5,500 troops along the border until Sept. 30, 2020, Lt. Gen. Laura Richardson, commander of U.S. Army North, said on Monday.

Read More Show Less