Military Couple Robbed Just 1 Hour After Moving To San Antonio

Screenshot via KSAT

After a 2,100-mile trip from Washington, Air Force Capt. Anthony Giebelhaus, his wife Brittany, brother Austin, and their dog Peanut checked into the Drury Inn, in San Antonio, Texas on Aug. 21.

They left their cars and motorcycle in the lot, and after bringing Peanut up to the hotel, they decided to eat before unloading and unpacking.

Less than hour later, however, the cars and all of their possessions were gone, leaving them nothing to unload or unpack.

“I thought he was kidding,” Anthony told ABC’S San Antonio news station, describing his reaction when Austin told him that everything they had was stolen from the back parking lot.

Anthony, who is starting flight instructor training at Randolph Air Force Base, reported that all his medical and flight records and his flight suits are gone, too.

The inn, which sits just off Interstate 10 and Loop 1604, made the perfect spot for a getaway for the thieves. According to the local news station, the robbers were gone in less than twenty minutes with both cars and the motorcycle.

The family said they can't help but wonder if it was an inside job or whether more than one thief was involved.

“There was no broken glass, nothing,” Anthony said.

He added that San Antonio police told him they would alert officers to be on the lookout for their vehicles.

Though their possessions were gone, Brittany found solace in the fact that Peanut was already upstairs in the hotel.

"She's literally part of our family, and it just breaks my heart she could have been in that car," she added.

Watch the ABC KSAT report below.

If the Army's Next Generation Squad Weapon program is supposed to produce the iPhone of lethality, then the service is looking for as many killer apps as possible.

Read More Show Less
U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs Robert C. O'Brien arrives to the district court, during the second day of ASAP Rocky's trial, in Stockholm, Sweden August 1, 2019. (Reuters/TT News Agency/Fredrik Persson)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump on Wednesday named U.S. hostage negotiator Robert O'Brien as his choice to replace John Bolton as his national security adviser, making him the fourth person to hold the post in the Trump administration.

Read More Show Less

Editor's Note: This article by Gina Harkins originally appeared on, a leading source of news for the military and veteran community.

QUANTICO MARINE CORPS BASE, Virginia -- Textron Systems is working with the Navy to turn a mine-sweeping unmanned surface vessel designed to work with Littoral Combat Ships into a mine-hunting craft armed with Hellfire missiles and a .50-caliber machine gun.

Textron displayed the proof-of-concept, surface-warfare mission package designed for the Common Unmanned Surface Vehicle (CUSV) at Modern Day Marine 2019.

"It's a huge capability," Wayne Prender, senior vice president for Applied Technologies and Advanced Programs at Textron Systems, told on Tuesday.

Read More Show Less
Joel Marrable (Laquna Ross via CNN)

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs put on leave an Atlanta-based administrator and reassigned the region's chief medical officer and seven other staff members while it investigates the treatment of a veteran under its care.

Joel Marrable's daughter discovered more than 100 ant bites on her father when she visited him in early September.

The daughter, Laquna Ross, told Channel 2 Action News: "His room had ants, the ceiling, the walls, the beds. They were everywhere. The staff member says to me, 'When we walked in here, we thought Mr. Marrable was dead. We thought he wasn't even alive, because the ants were all over him.'"

Read More Show Less
he amphibious assault ship USS Makin Island (LHD 8) returns to homeport at Naval Base San Diego on February 25, 2015. (U.S. Navy/ Mass Communication Specialist 1st Class Corwin Colbert)

SAN DIEGO, Calif. — A former U.S. Navy sailor was sentenced to 20 years in prison Monday for having sexual contact with a 14-year-old Oceanside girl in 2017, federal prosecutors in San Diego said in a statement.

Read More Show Less