Forget “best in show.” Liftopia, the lift ticket website, just announced its “best in snow” awards, bestowing honors on ski resorts across North America. The metrics used included survey feedback from thousands of skiers and snowboarders coupled with ratings for snow quality, crowds, experience and affordability.
When the dust — er, snowflakes — settled, the continent-wide best in snow list included resorts in Vermont, Utah, Colorado, Idaho and Michigan.
We West Coasters prefer to look at the best-in-West-Coast snow list, which includes British Columbia’s Revelstoke Mountain Resort and Yosemite’s Ski and Snowboard Area (or Badger Pass, as we still-annoyed Ahwahnee and Curry Village fans insist on calling it).
Here’s the top 10. Find the full rundown, including the top ski destinations for beginners, the most challenging runs, the best values and more, at bestinsnow.liftopia.com.
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort, British Columbia
- Yosemite Ski and Snowboard Area, California
- Ski Anthony Lakes, Oregon
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort, Calif.
- Homewood Mountain Resort, Calif.
- Alyeska Resort, Alaska
- Squaw Valley Resort, Calif.
- Whistler Mountain, British Columbia
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, British Columbia
- June Mountain Ski Area, Calif.
By Jackie Burrell, The Mercury News
©2017 The Mercury News (San Jose, Calif.), Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.