By J.G. Noll
The process of finding out where you’re PCSing next can be a wild roller coaster for your emotions. There is so much hope and anxiety wrapped up in dreaming of what the two to three years might have in store. Will you go to Europe? Asia? Get closer to home? Watch your spouse advance in their career?
Inevitably, finding out orders is just as emotional as waiting. Here are 13 reactions you might have had at some point during your military journey:
1. Wait! We actually got what we wanted?
2. I’ll hope for the best, but I’m preparing for battle.
3. That makes literally no sense.
4. But seriously…
5. But do we have to go?
6. These really can’t be our orders, right?
7.These really are our orders!
8. Should I be happy? Sad? I have no idea.
9. Maybe I can find the clause where we don’t have to go.
10. Well. . . if I have to.
11. It could be a lot worse.
12. My best friend lives there!