Pentagon announces first death from COVID-19
Our thoughts are with this contractor's friends and family.
The Defense Department announced on Sunday that a contractor has died after testing positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The man — a Crystal City, Virginia-based contractor with the Defense Security Cooperation Agency — passed away on Saturday, per the DoD release.
- It is the first death reported among DoD cases.
- The contractor was “under medical treatment at a local hospital” since testing positive for the virus.
- Per DoD, his workspace at DSCA was cleaned when he tested positive, and his coworkers have been teleworking.
- “Our condolences go out to his family, friends and co-workers and we thank the medical professionals who worked to save his life in the face of this virus,” the release says.