A Belgian F-16 fighter pilot was stuck dangling from a live electricity line outside a rural French town after the jet crashed and they ejected from the plane.
"The pilots left the plane using their ejectable seats," the Belgian Air Force confirmed on Twitter.
Photos posted to social media show what appears to be a pilot hanging from a high-tension electricity line.
A National Police spokeswoman told the AP no injuries were reported among residents in the area.
The owner of the house damaged in the crash told Ouest-France: "We were in the garden. We heard a great boom and a sound of tearing metal. Moments later, a second explosion and another tearing of scrap metal."
The F-16 was travelling from an air base in Florennes, near Namur, to the French naval air base at Lann-Bihoué, Morbihan, and was not armed, local officials told French media.
This is a developing news story, check back for updates.
Read more from Business Insider:
- The Army is going all-in on killer apps for its next-generation rifle
- Navy SEAL who oversaw the bin Laden raid says China's massive military buildup is a 'holy s---' moment
- The Army says the student loan crisis, not Middle East wars, helped it exceed recruiting goals this year
- An Air Force special operator is receiving military's 2nd-highest award for actions during a mission against 350 ISIS fighters
- A 22-year-old from Minneapolis who is jailed in Syria says ISIS recruited him on Twitter