Trump Apparently Sometimes ‘Tunes Out’ National Security Advisor HR McMaster
President Donald Trump will sometimes “tune out” his top national security adviser, Axios reported on July 21. When National Security Adviser H. … Continued
President Donald Trump will sometimes “tune out” his top national security adviser, Axios reported on July 21.
When National Security Adviser H. R. McMaster gives Trump daily national security briefings, he likes to stick to his points, sources who have worked with him told Axios.
Trump, however, often “likes to be discursive and will frequently turn to others or meander into other subjects.”
“Can you believe this guy” Trump reportedly joked of McMaster.
When McMaster starts delving into points regarding national security, Trump “sometimes simply tunes McMaster out,” Axios reported.
In the past, other advisers have also revealed that Trump likes to keep his daily security briefings short and full of “killer graphics.”
Sources told Axios that, to adjust, McMaster has been keeping his briefings shorter and using more conversational language in order to keep Trump engaged.
More from Business Insider:
- 8 technologies the Pentagon is pursuing to create super soldiers
- 5 more Ukrainian soldiers have been killed as a bloody surge in fighting continues
- 3 reasons why America's massive nuclear arsenal actually makes the world safer
- The CIA director just dropped some heavy hints that the U.S. is looking into regime change in North Korea
- Brazil is sending 1,000 extra officers to deal with spiraling violence in Rio de Janeiro