Retired Lt Gen Michael Flynn Charged With Making False Statements To FBI Over Communication With Russian Ambassador
A plea hearing has been scheduled for former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who has been charged by special counsel...
A plea hearing has been scheduled for former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who has been charged by special counsel Robert Mueller with making false statements to federal investigators about his conversations with former Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak in December.
The hearing has been scheduled for 10:30 on Dec. 1.
According to the indictment filed by Mueller's office, Flynn “falsely stated” on Dec. 29, 2016, that he did not ask the Kislyak “to refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions that the United States had imposed against Russia that same day,” and that he did not recall Kislyak subsequently telling him that Russia “had chosen to moderate its response to those sanctions as a result of his request.”
Flynn also told Mueller's team that he did not ask Kislyak to “delay the vote on or defeat a pending UN Security Council resolution; and that the Russian ambassador subsequently never described to FLynn Russia's response to his request.”
Read the indictment below:
Read more from Business Insider:
- Russia practiced electronic warfare on its own troops during a massive military exercise this year
- Saudi Arabia has shot down the second Yemeni missile this month
- Niger approves armed U.S. drones in the country to target militants
- Army investigating report that accuses Green Berets of ditching training standards, graduating unqualified candidates
- NATO is considering playing 'offensive defense' with its cyber-warfare rules