Why the Navy wears ‘rainbow jerseys’ on flight decks and what each color means
It's not actually an homage to The Wiggles.
If you’ve ever seen a video or photo of Navy sailors on a flight deck at sea, you’ve probably noticed their distinctive colored shirts. I mean, it’s kind of hard not to. They’re very bright.
What you probably don’t know, however, is why they wear them. We did the research for you, and have helpfully compiled it into this one video, so you never have to wonder again.
What’s new on Task & Purpose
- What we know about the Russian general killed in Ukraine
- Where is the Russian air force? Experts break own why they might be hiding
- Meet Army Col. Daniel Blackman, the accidental face of romance scams around the world
- An urban warfare expert offers Ukrainians tips on battling Russians in close combat
- How the US can beat Russia in Ukraine without firing a shot
Subscribe to Task & Purpose Today. Get the latest in military news, entertainment and gear in your inbox daily.