Navy Identifies Sailor Found Dead At Naval Station Norfolk
The Navy has identified a sailor found dead at Naval Station Norfolk on Friday. He is 22-year-old Petty Officer 3rd...
The Navy has identified a sailor found dead at Naval Station Norfolk on Friday.
- He is 22-year-old Petty Officer 3rd Class Joshua Johnson, Navy spokesman George Bieber said in a news release Monday.
- The Navy is investigating Johnson’s death, but there are no indications of foul play, he said.
- Johnson was an information systems technician from Orange Park, Fla. He was assigned to Naval Computer and Telecommunications Area Master Station Atlantic in January 2016, Bieber said in the release.
- He worked in the operation’s transport division as a technician.
- He enlisted in the Navy in June 2015 and completed basic training at Recruit Training Command Great Lakes, Ill. After graduating, he went to information technology “A” school from August 2015 to January 2016, Bieber said.
- Johnson advanced to petty officer third class in December 2016.
©2018 The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Va.). Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.