Get Task & Purpose in your inbox
A Neo-Nazi Marine Vet Is Announcing A New 'Regional Capital' With A Bizarre 'Friends'-Themed Robocall
A California man who has called the Holocaust “a lie” and claims Jews conspired to stop him from winning a U.S. Senate race says he plans to establish a “regional capital” in North Idaho.
Sandpoint, Washington State, residents this week told The Spokesman-Review they had received a bizarre automated phone message from Patrick Little, a neo-Nazi who has called for a United States “free from Jews” and who recently mounted a failed campaign to unseat five-term Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein.
Two residents shared recordings of the minutelong robocall, in which Little speaks over an instrumental version of The Rembrandts’ 1995 song “I’ll Be There for You” – a tune best known as the theme for the sitcom “Friends.”
“America has a Jewish problem,” Little says at the start of the call. “To the people of Sandpoint, Bonner County, North Idaho: My name is Patrick Little, and I’ll be arriving shortly to make Sandpoint one of my new regional capitals throughout the country. This area has a reputation as a home to people with the moral courage to recognize the consequences of diversity.”
Little goes on to claim he’s traveling across the country, “engaging with folks on the problems we face and how to solve them together as the extended family our European people are.” He says he’ll arrive in Sandpoint in mid-August, adding, “If you see me, Patrick Little, I’d be honored if you come up and let me shake your hand.”
He ends with another broad-brush characterization of North Idaho, saying the region “has some of the best people anywhere, brought up in the old American pioneer spirit of hard work, family values, common sense and fighting off the nation-wrecking plans of leftists – and their Jewish controllers who aim to ruin our people forever.”
One Sandpoint resident, who asked not to be named, said she received the call Tuesday from a toll-free number that also appears on Little’s website.
Little, who is in his mid-30s, did not respond to messages seeking comment. On his website, he describes himself as “a Mainer by birth, a husband by choice, an experienced IT engineer” and a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps in Afghanistan.
Little was denounced by the California Republican Party and kicked out of a party convention in San Diego in May, and afterward he protested outside the building while standing and spitting on the flag of Israel.
He appears to have at least one ally in Sandpoint: Scott D. Rhodes, a California transplant who has used robocalls to attack Jews and other minorities in Spokane and several California cities.
Alex Quilici, the owner of YouMail, a California-based company that markets a robocall-blocking app, recently told the Southern Poverty Law Center that Rhodes’ use of mass-calling appeared to mark the first time the technology had been used to spread such hateful messages.
“It’s sadly clever and powerful,” Quilici told the SPLC, explaining that robocalls can be generated quickly, easily and for as little as a penny per call.
“These tools mean hate is not a local issue,” he said. “It’s not a man with a sign in front of a school. It’s a guy spreading his message of hate on a national or global basis, using an effective media platform.”
Rhodes, who also spews racist vitriol in a series of self-recorded videos at TheRoadToPower.com, shares Little’s belief that the U.S. government has long been controlled by Jews working at the behest of Israel. The so-called Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy theory has resulted in white supremacist slogans such as “Smash ZOG,” “Kill ZOG” and “Death to ZOG.”
In May, Rhodes sent out robocalls telling California residents to “relocate to North Idaho, where very white is very right.” In another automated message, he urged people to vote for Little and called Feinstein “a traitorous Jew.”
Afterward, Little wrote on Gab, a social media site popular among white supremacists: “My sides split every time I hear that robocall. Goyim, the robocall was great work, whoever did that.”
“Goyim” is plural for “goy,” a Hebrew name for a non-Jew that is used by the alt-right to mock Jewish people. Rhodes, another Gab user, also regularly uses the term.
Although one poll by SurveyUSA showed Little had the support of 18 percent of likely voters in California – second only to Feinstein’s 39 percent – Little came in 12th place in the June primary, a defeat he claimed was the result of vote-rigging.
“Stay strong,” he told his supporters in a post on his website. “We will march forward towards victory, exposing this massive scandal and the Jewish supremacists behind it. We will achieve more victories in 2020 when I run for President.”
Rhodes, who has also used the surname Platek, appears to have moved to Sandpoint from San Francisco in 2015, the same year hateful robocalls targeted Sandpoint’s liberal mayor, Shelby Rognstad, during his election campaign.
Late last year, police identified Rhodes as the man who had distributed racist CDs in the parking lot of Sandpoint High School. He also was suspected of harassing at least one Sandpoint resident, and he captured the interest of police in Alexandria, Virginia, after city leaders there received threatening, anti-Semitic calls from a phone number tied to him and an Idaho-registered company.
In June, some Spokane residents received a robocall from Rhodes defending a Spokane Transit Authority executive who had been accused of making racist comments on Facebook.
And last month, KTVU, a Fox affiliate in California’s Bay Area, reported that Rhodes appeared to be responsible for robocalls supporting John Fitzgerald, a candidate for Congress who had espoused many anti-Semitic views.
“End the Jewish takeover of America and restore our democracy by voting for John Fitzgerald for U.S. Congress,” the calls said, over an instrumental version of the 1966 Buffalo Springfield hit “For What It’s Worth.”
©2018 The Spokesman-Review (Spokane, Wash.). Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher will retire as a chief petty officer now that President Donald Trump has restored his rank.
"Before the prosecution of Special Warfare Operator First Class Edward Gallagher, he had been selected for promotion to Senior Chief, awarded a Bronze Star with a "V" for valor, and assigned to an important position in the Navy as an instructor," a White House statement said.
"Though ultimately acquitted on all of the most serious charges, he was stripped of these honors as he awaited his trial and its outcome. Given his service to our Nation, a promotion back to the rank and pay grade of Chief Petty Officer is justified."
The announcement that Gallagher is once again an E-7 effectively nullifies the Navy's entire effort to prosecute Gallagher for allegedly committing war crimes. It is also the culmination of Trump's support for the SEAL throughout the legal process.
On July 2, military jurors found Gallagher not guilty of premeditated murder and attempted murder for allegedly stabbing a wounded ISIS fighter to death and opening fire at an old man and a young girl on separate occasions during his 2017 deployment to Iraq.
Trump orders dismissal of murder charge against former Green Beret accused of killing a suspected Taliban bomb maker
President Donald Trump has ended the decade-long saga of Maj. Matthew Golsteyn by ordering a murder charge against the former Green Beret dismissed with a full pardon.
The Army charged Golsteyn with murder in December 2018 after he repeatedly acknowledged that he killed an unarmed Afghan man in 2010. Golsteyn's charge sheet identifies the man as "Rasoul."
President Donald Trump has signed a full pardon for former 1st Lt. Clint Lorance, who had been convicted of murder for ordering his soldiers to open fire on three unarmed Afghan men, two of whom were killed.
Lorance will now be released from the United States Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, where he had been serving a 19-year sentence.
"He has served more than six years of a 19-year sentence he received. Many Americans have sought executive clemency for Lorance, including 124,000 people who have signed a petition to the White House, as well as several members of Congress," said a White House statement released Friday.
"The President, as Commander-in-Chief, is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the law is enforced and when appropriate, that mercy is granted. For more than two hundred years, presidents have used their authority to offer second chances to deserving individuals, including those in uniform who have served our country. These actions are in keeping with this long history. As the President has stated, 'when our soldiers have to fight for our country, I want to give them the confidence to fight.'"
Additionally, Trump pardoned Maj. Matthew Golsteyn, who was to go on trial for murder charges next year, and restored the rank of Navy SEAL Chief Edward Gallagher, who was found not guilty of murdering a wounded ISIS prisoner but convicted of taking an unauthorized photo with the corpse.
Fox News contributor Pete Hegseth first announced on Nov. 4 that the president was expected to intervene in the Lorance case was well as exonerate Army Maj. Matthew Golsteyn, who has been charged with murder after he admitted to killing an unarmed Afghan man whom he believed was a Taliban bomb maker, and restore Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher's rank to E-7.
For the past week, members of Lorance's family and his legal team have been holding a constant vigil in Kansas anticipating his release, said Lorance's attorney Don Brown.
Now that he has been exonerated of committing a war crime, Lorance wants to return to active duty, Brown told Task & Purpose on Wednesday.
"He loves the Army," Brown said prior to the president's announcement. "He doesn't have any animosity. He's hoping that his case – and even his time at Leavenworth – can be used for good to deal with some issues regarding rules of engagement on a permanent basis so that our warfighters are better protected, so that we have stronger presumptions favoring warfighters and they aren't treated like criminals on the South Side of Chicago."
In the Starz documentary "Leavenworth," Lorance's platoon members discuss the series of events that took place on July 2, 2012, when the two Afghan men were killed during a patrol in Kandahar province.They claim that Lorance ordered one of his soldiers to fire at three Afghan men riding a motorcycle. The three men got off their motorcycle and started walking toward Afghan troops, who ordered them to return to their motorcycle.
At that point, Lorance ordered the turret gunner on a nearby Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle to shoot the three men, according to the documentary. That order was initially ignored, but the turret gunner eventually opened fire with his M-240, killing two of the men.
But Lorance told the documentary makers that his former soldiers' account of what happened was "ill-informed."
"From my experience of what actually went down, when my guy fired at it, and it kept coming, that signified hostile intent, because he didn't stop immediately," Lorance said in the documentary's second episode.
Brown argues that not only is Lorance innocent of murder, he should never have been prosecuted in the first case.
"He made a call and when you look at the evidence itself, the call was made within a matter of seconds," Brown said "He would make that call again."
The new Call of Duty Modern Warfare takes gaming to a new level. In fact, it's the best damn video game of 2019 (in my humble opinion).
You can watch video of the awesome gameplay for CoD above, and make sure to follow the Task & Purpose team on Twitch here.
This post was sponsored by GoatGuns.Com. Use the code TP15 for 15% off your next order.