Get Task & Purpose in your inbox
Help Rip It Give $20,000 Away On Veterans Day
This Veterans Day, Rip It is giving away $20,000 to Veterans Service Organizations. Nominate a VSO by Thursday, Nov 8th, and they’ll be eligible to receive a $2,500 donation.
How to Enter
- Submit an original video on Instagram nominating a Veteran Service Organization to receive a $2,500 donation
- Follow and tag Rip It (@ripitenergy)
- Use the hashtag: #RipIt20kveteransdaygiveaway
Finalists will be chosen - based on creativity - by Samantha Bonilla, Eli Cuevas, and Rip It. Finalist videos will be posted on Rip Its’ Instagram account, and users will vote to choose four (4) winners.
Eli and Samantha are helping to get the word out and selecting finalists. They’ve also chosen two charities to receive a portion of the $20K donation. Check out their videos below, and check back here to find out which charities they're supporting.
Here's more from Samantha:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR SECURE THE WINNING DONATION TO A SELECTED CHARITY. PURCHASING RIP IT DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who complete and submit the $20K on Veterans Day video contest, [$10K has been allocated, and 2,500 x 4 = $10K is still remaining] and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the contiguous United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of SUNDANCE BEVERAGE (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 19, 2018 and ending November 8, 2018. All online entries must be received by November 8, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an original video nominating a Veteran Service Organization.
Users must tag Rip It Energy on Instagram, use the hashtag "Ripit20kveteransdaygiveaway", and follow Rip It Energy on Instagram. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not
do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of
RIP IT ENERGY FUEL. You only may enter once and you must fill in all the information
requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple emails,
identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. RIP IT ENERGY FUEL has
the sole discretion to remove your eligibility and eliminate you from the contest (and any
future contests) if any fraudulent methods,
5. Prizes: Four (4) winners will receive one (1) $2,500 donation to a veteran or military family, or service member-focused charity of their choice. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification:
Finalists will be posted on the Rip It Instagram for voting. Finalists will be chosen based off creativity by Influencers and Rip It. Users will then vote on the Rip It page to determine the winners. The four (4) winners will be the entries that receive the most User votes.
Winners will be notified via email and social media using the email address and social media handle they entered the Sweepstakes with within one (1) days following the winner selection. RIP IT ENERGY FUEL shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within one (1) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that RIP IT ENERGY FUEL, anyone acting on behalf of RIP IT ENERGY FUEL, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: RIP IT ENERGY FUEL reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, RIP IT ENERGY FUEL may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by RIP IT ENERGY FUEL reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
RIP IT ENERGY FUEL has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, RIP IT ENERGY FUEL reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from RIP IT ENERGY FUEL. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless RIP IT ENERGY FUEL and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF FLORIDA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Florida state having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Rip It Energy Fuel, 8100 SW 10th St., Suite 4000, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33324. Requests must be received no later than May 1, 2019.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is RIP IT ENERGY FUEL., 8100 SW 10th St., Suite 4000, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33324.
Army Special Forces Maj. Matthew Golsteyn – whom President Donald Trump has called "a U.S. Military hero" – will face an Article 32 hearing in March after being charged with murder for allegedly killing a suspected Taliban bomb-maker.
On Dec. 18, the convening authority for Golestyn's case decided to hold the preliminary hearing in connection with the Feb. 28, 2010 incident, Army officials have announced. The proceedings are slated to start on March 14 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
In the city of Savannah, Georgia, an Army veteran and entrepreneur has a plan to end veteran homelessness in his community. It starts with building a village of tiny homes.
A Middle Georgia man arrested last spring in an online child-sex sting set up by investigators at Robins Air Force Base will spend at least a decade in prison after pleading guilty in federal court here Tuesday.