You're probably having a better day than these soldiers tasked with filling water jugs with individual water bottles

Mandatory Fun
Common Household Mishaps: A Bizarre Army PSA

A few troops got the shit end of the stick when they were tasked with pouring individual water bottles into five-gallon jugs to be transported out to the field.


According to a post on U.S. Army WTF Moments, some soldiers with the 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment got assigned by their lieutenant the exciting job of pouring what looks like a couple hundred water bottles into larger containers:

Photo: U.S. Army WTF Moments/Facebook

A source familiar with the situation told Task & Purpose that this was in Poland where some from the 278th are deployed. The source said the larger containers are easier to transport than a bunch of individual water bottles, and that the soldiers assigned to that detail probably got it from being late, or something else that deserved such a punishment.

Facebook users (expectedly) had a freakin' field day.

"The good idea fairy was working overtime I see," one person said.

"Because these two Soldiers are in such a hurry to go back to the field.....this could take hours and hours," said another.

A few speculated that the cause behind this could probably be traced back to soldiers previously leaving plastic water bottles all over the damn place.

Whatever the reasoning, odds are you probably had a better day today than these troops. Pour one out for these poor souls, who probably won't be making it into the Army's newest recruiting commercials.

SEE NEXT: Rep. Steve King was tricked into thanking Marine Col Jessup from 'A Few Good Men' for his service

WATCH ALSO: MRE Pizza vs New York City slice of pizza


Related Articles From Your Site
Related Articles Around the Web
he amphibious assault ship USS Makin Island (LHD 8) returns to homeport at Naval Base San Diego on February 25, 2015. (U.S. Navy/ Mass Communication Specialist 1st Class Corwin Colbert)

SAN DIEGO, Calif. — A former U.S. Navy sailor was sentenced to 20 years in prison Monday for having sexual contact with a 14-year-old Oceanside girl in 2017, federal prosecutors in San Diego said in a statement.

Read More Show Less

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Known for acting on impulse, President Donald Trump has adopted an uncharacteristically go-slow approach to whether to hold Iran responsible for attacks on Saudi oil facilities, showing little enthusiasm for confrontation as he seeks re-election next year.

After state-owned Saudi Aramco's plants were struck on Saturday, Trump didn't wait long to fire off a tweet that the United States was "locked and loaded" to respond, and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blamed Iran.

But four days later, Trump has no timetable for action. Instead, he wants to wait and see the results of investigations into what happened and is sending Pompeo to consult counterparts in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates this week.

Read More Show Less

That sound you're hearing is Army senior leaders exhaling a sigh of relief, because the Army has surpassed its recruiting goal for the year.

After failing to meet recruiting goals in 2018, the Army put the pedal to the metal and "did some soul searching," said Acting Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy, to ensure that they'd meet their 2019 goal. It must have paid off — the service announced on Tuesday that more than 68,000 recruits have signed on as active-duty soldiers, and more soldiers have stuck around than they expected.

Read More Show Less

Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David Goldfein transformed into the Cigarette Smoking Man from "The X-Files" on Tuesday when explaining why UFO enthusiasts should avoid storming the mythical Area 51 installation in Nevada.

"All joking aside, we're taking it very seriously," Goldfein told reporters during the Air Force Association's annual Air, Space, and Cyber Conference. "Our nation has secrets, and those secrets deserve to be protected. The people deserve to have our nation's secrets protected."

Read More Show Less
Paul Szoldra/Task & Purpose

SAN DIEGO — A San Diego-based Navy SEAL acquitted of murder in a closely watched war crimes trial this summer has filed a lawsuit against two of his former attorneys and a military legal defense nonprofit, according to a complaint filed in federal court in Texas on Friday.

Read More Show Less