A retired Air Force pilot who for the last 22 years has flown commercial airlineshad a nice surprise for his 1 millionth passenger last week.
Prior to takeoff on a Southwest Airlines flight from Denver to Pittsburgh, Captain John Richie took to the intercom for “one special announcement before we go.”
“About 22 years ago I retired from the United States Air Force. I had the privilege of flying F-16s, both as a combat pilot and as a test pilot,” Richie told his passengers. “For the past 22 years, I’ve been flying for Southwest … Ever since I started for Southwest, I’ve kept track of how many passengers I’ve flown, and today I’m flying my 1 millionth passenger.”
The passengers broke out in congratulatory applause, and Richie walked down the aisle to present that 1 millionth passenger, a young woman in a window seat, with the bottle of champagne and an envelope reimbursing her for her ticket with his own money.
A flight attendant filmed him as he spoke, and that video has since gone viral. Watch the clip below:
I was scheduled to fly DEN to PIT this Sat, my Capt arrives and tells me in the past 21 years he's worked here at SWA,...
GREENBELT, Md. (Reuters) - A U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant accused of amassing a cache of weapons and plotting to attack Democratic politicians and journalists was ordered held for two weeks on Thursday while federal prosecutors consider charging him with more crimes.
An undated image of Hoda Muthana provided by her attorney, Hassan Shibly. (Associated Press)
Attorneys for the Constitutional Law Center for Muslims in America have filed a lawsuit against Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Attorney General William Barr and President Donald Trump asking the court to recognize the citizenship of an Alabama woman who left the U.S. to join ISIS and allow she and her young son to return to the United States.
U.S. soldiers surveil the area during a combined joint patrol in Manbij, Syria, November 1, 2018. Picture taken November 1, 2018. (U.S. Army/Zoe Garbarino/Handout via Reuters)
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will leave "a small peacekeeping group" of 200 American troops in Syria for a period of time after a U.S. pullout, the White House said on Thursday, as President Donald Trump pulled back from a complete withdrawal.
Construction crews staged material needed for the Santa Teresa Border Wall Replacement project near the Santa Teresa Port of Entry. (U.S. Customs and Border Patrol/Mani Albrecht)
With a legal fight challenge mounting from state governments over the Trump administration's use of a national emergency to construct at the U.S.-Mexico border, the president has kicked his push for the barrier into high gear.
On Wednesday, President Trump tweeted a time-lapse video of wall construction in New Mexico; the next day, he proclaimed that "THE WALL IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION RIGHT NOW"
But there's a big problem: The footage, which was filmed more than five months ago on Sep. 18, 2018, isn't really new wall construction at all, and certainly not part of the ongoing construction of "the wall" that Trump has been haggling with Congress over.
(From left to right) Chris Osman, Chris McKinley, Kent Kroeker, and Talon Burton
A group comprised of former U.S. military veterans and security contractors who were detained in Haiti on weapons charges has been brought back to the United States and arrested upon landing, The Miami-Herald reported.
The men — five Americans, two Serbs, and one Haitian — were stopped at a Port-au-Prince police checkpoint on Sunday while riding in two vehicles without license plates, according to police. When questioned, the heavily-armed men allegedly told police they were on a "government mission" before being taken into custody.