Get Task & Purpose in your inbox
Sylvester Stallone Just Gave The Internet A Gift Of Super-Rare ‘Rocky’ Photos
Sylvester Stallone may be 70 years old, but he’s still got a few tricks up his sleeve.
The legendary actor took a break from getting his hair did Wednesday to post several never-before-seen photos from the Rocky franchise for his Instagram followers. Take a look:
The one that’s getting the most attention, however, isn’t just Stallone in all his Balboa glory. The actor shared a shot of himself being hoisted into the air by Hulk Hogan (aka Terry Bollea) on the set of “Rocky III.”
“Another flashback and another reason why it's not such a great idea to always do your own stunts,” wrote Stallone. “I remember a violent move where he threw me into the corner, charged across the ring like an ENRAGED bull and leaped so amazingly high above me, that his shinbone actually came down giant tree on my collarbone, and I tumbled to the floor.”
It wasn’t just Stallone who took a beating. As he tells it, Hogan sent three stuntmen to the hospital after leaping into the audience during the infamous scene, which you can re-watch below:
Stallone seems a bit wistfully nostalgic for his turn as the Italian Stallion, despite his return to the role in 2015’s “Creed”: “Hulk, if you’re reading this, it was a privilege to be mangled by such a gentleman.”
The 2020 National Defense Authorization Act would allow service members to seek compensation when military doctors make mistakes that harm them, but they would still be unable to file medical malpractice lawsuits against the federal government.
On Monday night, Congress announced that it had finalized the NDAA, which must be passed by the House and Senate before going to President Donald Trump. If the president signs the NDAA into law, it would mark the first time in nearly seven decades that U.S. military personnel have had legal recourse to seek payment from the military in cases of medical malpractice.
A major serving at U.S. Army Cyber Command has been charged with distributing child pornography, according to the Justice Department.
Maj. Jason Michael Musgrove, who is based at Fort Gordon, Georgia, has been remanded to the U.S. Marshals service, a news release from the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Georgia says.
Navy senior leaders could decide whether or not to approve the new I-Boot 5 early in 2020, said Rob Carroll, director of the uniform matters office at the Chief of Naval Personnel's office.
"The I-Boot 5 is currently wrapping up its actual wear test, its evaluation," Carroll told Task & Purpose on Monday. "We're hoping that within the first quarter of calendar year 2020 that we'll be able to present leadership with the information that they need to make an informed decision."
Oklahoma Congresspeople slam private housing contractor at Tinker Air Force Base for negligence, fraud
U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe and U.S. Rep. Kendra Horn leveled harsh criticism last week at the contractor accused of negligence and fraudulent activity while operating private housing at Tinker Air Force Base and other military installations.
Inhofe, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, referred to Balfour Beatty Communities as "notorious." Horn, a member of the House Armed Services Committee, told a company executive she was "incredibly disappointed you have failed to live up to your responsibility for taking care of the people that are living in these houses."
The Saudi national who killed three students on a U.S. Naval Air station in Pensacola was in the United States on a training exchange program.
On Sunday, Sen. Rick Scott said the United States should suspend that program, which brings foreign nationals to America for military training, pending a "full review."