A military judge has dismissed all charges against an airman who had been accused of sexually assaulting three women because the convening authority in the case refused to force the alleged victims to hand over information to the defense.

Staff Sgt. Keith Snyder was initially charged with five specifications of sexual assault, but three specifications were dropped in April when one of the alleged victims decided not to pursue the matter further, according to Snyder's charge sheet, which was provided to Task & Purpose. Snyder is assigned to the 45th Civil Engineer Squadron at Patrick Air Force Base, Florida.

On Aug. 22, Air Force Col. W. Shane Cohen, the military judge in the case, dismissed the charges against Snyder with prejudice, which means the prosecution cannot file the same charges against him again. Rowan Scarborough of the Washington Times first reported on Cohen's decision.

Read More Show Less

An Air Force investigation into sexual assault allegations against Air Force Gen. John Hyten "was unable to find indications of an unprofessional relationship either electronically or through witness interviews," according to a redacted copy of the investigation, which was released on Friday.

The full Senate is expected to vote on Hyten's nomination to become the next vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September. He has denied the allegations against him.

Read More Show Less
(U.S. Army photo)

NORFOLK, Va. -- They called it Operation Tossed Salad and the hasty plan, concocted over several hours at various clubs in Bamako, Mali, was to haze an Army Green Beret.

Instead, Staff Sgt. Logan Melgar died sometime in the early morning of June 4, 2017, after four special operators broke into his room while he was sleeping, taped him up, placed him in a chokehold, then tried to cover up their actions. On Monday, a Navy SEAL and Marine Raider, the last of four service members currently charged in the case, made their first court appearances in front a preliminary hearing officer at Naval Station Norfolk, who will help determine whether there is enough evidence for the military to pursue the case.

Read More Show Less
(Photo by Sgt. Zachary Sheely, 100th Missile Defense Brigade)

Senators voiced strong support to Air Force Gen. John Hyten, whose nomination as vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff no longer seems to be in danger of being derailed over sexual assault allegations against him.

"The truth is Gen. Hyten is innocent of these charges," Sen. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) said at Hyten's confirmation hearing on Tuesday. "Sexual assault happens in the military. It just didn't happen in this case."

Read More Show Less
(DoD photo/Michael Romeo)

Air Force Gen. John Hyten's nomination as the next vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff appears to be back on track after sexual allegations made by a former subordinate surfaced earlier in the month.

Currently the head of U.S. Strategic Command, Hyten will appear before the Senate Armed Services Committee on July 30, according to the committee's website.

Hyten is looking forward to his confirmation hearing, STRATCOM spokeswoman Karen Singer told Task & Purpose on Thursday.

Read More Show Less
(DoD photo/Michael Romeo)

A military officer is reportedly willing to testify before lawmakers that Air Force Gen. John Hyten, who has been nominated to become the next vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, sexually assaulted her.

The Washington Post reported on Thursday that the unnamed officer stated she could agree to testify under oath to the Senate Armed Services Committee hearing, which is considering Hyten's nomination, that the Air Force general made unwanted sexual contact with her multiple times, including allegedly sexually assaulting her in December 2017.

Read More Show Less
© 2018 Hirepurpose. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service.