Editor's Note: This article originally appeared on Business Insider.

North Korea on Sunday accused the US of "misleading" the public on the status of nuclear talks a day after discussions between the two sides in Stockholm broke down within just hours following an eight-month stalemate.

The North Korean Foreign Ministry said the Trump administration was "misleading the public opinion by touting 'good discussions,'" The Washington Post reported, as it simultaneously warned that if the US does not change its approach by the end of the year then relations between the two countries "may immediately come to an end."

Read More Show Less

Editor's Note: This article originally appeared on Business Insider.

The number of migrants being arrested at the U.S.-Mexico border is the highest it has been since 2007, new federal data shows. About 851,000 were apprehended and taken into custody by border patrol agents in fiscal year 2019, which ran from Oct. 1, 2018 to Sept. 30, 2019.

Read More Show Less

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has ordered a substantial reduction in the staff of the National Security Council, according to five people familiar with the plans, as the White House confronts an impeachment inquiry touched off by a whistleblower complaint related to the agency's work.

Some of the people described the staff cuts as part of a White House effort to make its foreign policy arm leaner under new national security adviser Robert O'Brien.

Read More Show Less

Acting Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy said he agreed with President Donald Trump's decision to cancel his meeting with the Taliban.

McCarthy, speaking at his nomination hearing on Thursday in front of the Senate Armed Services Committee, was asked by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.). about the White House's "abrupt end" to peace talks, and if the administration's "policy of conducting diplomacy through Twitter" has made it more difficult for the Army in Afghanistan.

Read More Show Less
DoD/Lisa Ferdinando

Military base schools and Hurricane Maria-related recovery projects in Puerto Rico are among the military construction projects having their funding redirected to pay for the border wall.

A list provided by the Department of Defense on Tuesday offered an itemized look at the $3.6 billion worth of military construction projects that are having their funding reprogrammed towards the wall at the southwest border, which came about after President Donald Trump declared a national emergency earlier this year.

Read More Show Less
U.S. Army National Guard/Sgt. 1st Class Jim Greenhill

Someone needs to hurry up and rename the Department of Defense to Mexico, because the Pentagon is diverting $3.6 billion to President Donald Trump's border wall.

The plan to move around billions in military funds for the construction of a wall at the southern border is being carried out this week, Politico reported on Tuesday.

Read More Show Less
© 2018 Hirepurpose. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service.