Task & Purpose, a rapidly growing news and culture site geared toward the modern military and veterans community, is looking to add to our dynamic team with a video-editing internship.
As an intern with a popular military news start-up, you’ll work closely with Task & Purpose’s editorial team to create highly shareable video content, take lead on creating a weekly video series for our YouTube page, and have the chance to engage in many aspects of the editorial and social media process. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to create compelling, engaging and entertaining video content that will resonate with our audience.
Our video-editing intern will be expected to work on assigned video content as well as pitch ideas for weekly packages, made from public domain or personally shot footage. Topics to be covered are varied and the chosen applicant will have the ability to pursue projects he or she is passionate about.
Our interns are a valued part of our team. You’ll work closely with Task & Purpose’s editorial staff, as well as its social media and growth team to help conceive and execute the big ideas that propelled this platform to 1 million unique monthly pageviews in less than a year. In addition to publishing video packages, you’ll also learn about digital media from the Task & Purpose team in everything from site analytics to designing compelling social media posts.
If you’re engaged, driven, dynamic, and want to join a team devoted to giving voice to the new generation of American veterans emerging after the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Strong interest in military/veterans news and affairs; informed on current events and topics related to military and veterans space.
- Video-editing experience required, and a background shooting and editing clean audio and video is preferred. Fluency in Premiere Pro, or similar editing tool, is required.
- A social media presence, ideally on YouTube, Facebook, Vine, or Instagram. Applicants with a YouTube channel where they post frequently to subscribers preferred, though not required.
- The intern will be required to have their own computer and editing software. Task & Purpose can supply a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR for covering events, or shooting in-house productions.
- Ability to meet editing deadlines.
- Must be outgoing, self starter, and eager to pitch new ideas.
- Hours are flexible and students are welcome to apply. Military experience or connection helps, but isn’t as necessary as a critical mind and a passion for news.
Interns will receive a stipend and be additionally compensated for any stories they create.
If you’re interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio (with at least 2 video packages or a reel you played a key role in editing), or links to individual videos you created.
Send your resume and clips to: [email protected] with the subject line: Video-Editing Internship 2016 — [Last name].