Task & Purpose is hiring a full-time staff writer to report on the U.S. Army and beyond.
We’re looking for someone knowledgeable and passionate about covering the military who has a knack for writing compelling stories that go far beyond the latest Army press release.
This staff writer will own the Army beat at Task & Purpose, which means they will write about everything from the latest uniform change to heroic combat actions to where the Army expects to fight a decade from now, among other topics.
This writer will be expected to file on tight deadlines, while also sometimes offering up news analysis and features.
The ideal staff writer will:
- Have a proven ability to write about the Army, soldiers, and their families in a way that readers will enjoy and want to share
- Know what makes the Army tick and what readers of the vertical need to know about
- Possess excellent news judgment
- Be able to write accurately and quickly. We’re not a print publication and don’t act like one.
- Be familiar with social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter
- Have at least some light HTML and Photoshop skills
- Be creative, inquisitive, and always skeptical of what General So-and-so said at his or her last press conference.
Past military service is not a requirement for this role, although military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
This opening is immediate and is based in our New York City office. We’re also open to remote workers in some circumstances. Task & Purpose offers competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
If this sounds like your dream job, click here to apply.