Two US service members killed in Afghanistan

news

Two U.S. troops were killed in Afghanistan on Wednesday, defense officials have announced.

Operation Resolute Support issued a terse news release announcing the latest casualties that did not include any information about the circumstances of their deaths.


No further information was immediately available.

Both service members' names have not been released pending next of kin notification.

Seven other service members have been killed in Afghanistan this year: Marine Cpl. Robert A. Hendriks, Marine Sgt. Benjamin S. Hines, Marine Staff Sgt. Christopher K.A. Slutman, Special Forces Sgt. 1st Class Will D. Lindsay, Army Spc. Joseph P. Collette, Special Forces Sgt. 1st Class Joshua Z. Beale, and Army Ranger Sgt. Cameron A. Meddock.

Navy veteran Kevin Yali was also killed in a June 19 mortar attack while he was working as a private security contractor, according to NJ.com.

SEE ALSO: DoD identifies three Marines killed in Afghanistan

WATCH NEXT: A Viking Funeral For Staff Sgt. Dylan Elchin

Editor's Note: This article originally appeared on Business Insider

If you're in the market for a bunker in the southwest, you're in luck. A decommissioned missile complex is now on sale outside of Tucson for nearly $400,000. The complex was home to an armed Titan II missile for 24 years, before it was decommissioned in the 1980s.

The structure is listed with Grant Hampton at Realty Executives. Now, the home is back on the market, and these photos show what lies underground in Arizona.

Read More Show Less

Connecting with the youths is all fun and games until Congress starts worrying you could accidentally expose the U.S. military to Chinese data collection, am I right?

Read More Show Less

A Florida Navy Reserve officer rescued a woman who was trapped in a sinking car, according to a report by CBS 47.

Read More Show Less

The Marine Corps will investigate whether another Marine has ties to a white supremacist group after he allegedly made racist comments on neo Nazi message boards that have since been taken down, according to a Marine Corps official.

Vice News reporters Tess Owen and Tim Hume first reported on Nov. 8 that at least three people who posted on the new defunct Iron March message boards were service members, but their story did not include any of the troops' names.

Newsweek reporters James LaPorta and Asher Stockler were able to independently confirm the identity of one of those service members as an active-duty Marine: Lance Corporal Liam J. Collins, an 0311 Rifleman assigned to 1st Battalion, 2nd Marines at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

Read More Show Less

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Tuesday the United States knows the location of the third in command to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who killed himself last month during a U.S.-led raid.

"We have our eye on his third," Trump said during the question-and-answer session following a speech at the Economic Club of New York. "His third has got a lot of problems because we know where he is too."

Read More Show Less