If you're out of the barracks and collecting that sweet, sweet BAH money, you'll be getting an average pay bump of 2.55% on Jan. 1.
The DoD released its 2019 Basic Allowance for Housing Rates on Friday, which obviously fluctuate based on where service members are, what their rank is, and how many dependents they have.
Still, the average increase ranges between $66 to $149 a month, according to a DoD press release. In some cases, the rate can also decrease since it's calculated based on local housing rates.
You can check out the full BAH calculator here for your exact location, or check out a few examples below, based on an E-3 with dependents rate:
- Fort Hood, Texas 2018: $1083 2019: $1056 (-27)
- Washington, D.C. Metro Area 2018: $2286 2019: $2355 (+69)
- Fort Bragg, N.C. 2018: $1107 2019: $1134 (+27)
- Fort Campbell, Ky. 2018: $1242 2019: $1323 (+81)
- Camp Pendleton, Calif. 2018: $2307 2019: $2469 (+162)