Task & Purpose, a rapidly growing news and culture site geared toward the modern military and veterans community, is looking to add to a full-time social media and digital marketing associate to our New York City office.
In this role, you’ll engage our communities and partners, execute paid digital marketing campaigns, and explore new ways to drive awareness and readership. Our staff are a valued part of the Team Purpose brand. You’ll work closely with Task & Purpose’s marketing team and editors to drive the big ideas that propelled this platform to 1 million unique monthly pageviews in less than a year.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact and work with a team devoted to giving voice to the new generation of American veterans.
- Grow Task & Purpose’s brand presence on social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
- Build relationships with military-focused social media managers and bloggers
- Monitor reach and engagement achieved through social media partnerships
- Manage online advertising campaigns for specific initiatives
- Update email content for new campaigns and conduct A/B tests
- Recommend content ideas and marketing approaches to the team
- Create, analyze, and optimize content for each social platform
- Generate weekly and monthly performance recaps
- 1+ years experience working in social media, either on the agency, publisher or brand side with an ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, LinkedIn, Vine).
- Strong interest in military/veterans news and affairs; informed on current events and topics related to military and veterans space
- Self-starter with good time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging social media content (for either personal or professional use)
- Can bring fresh and new ideas to the team, with strong attention to detail
- Experience preferred: Photoshop, HTML and CSS
Applicants must be located in or able to relocate to New York City. This full-time position includes competitive salary and health insurance benefits.
If you’re interested, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: Marketing Associate Application 2015 — [Last name]. As part of your application, please also include a caption for each of the these three images: