The Israeli Defense Forces released video on Saturday purporting to show its jets taking out a Syrian heavy machine gun and two tanks after mortar fire hit parts of the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.
Israel said 10 projectiles from inside Syria had hit the Golan, the border area between Syria and Israel. Israel said it responded with airstrikes on the position the mortars came from and took out two Syrian army tanks, including one as it was preparing to fire.
Syria’s military accused Israel of hitting a residential area and killing civilians in the strike, which it called an “unacceptable breach” of sovereignty, according to Reuters.
Israel released the following footage of the strike:
More from Business Insider:
- US troops seem poised to take a prominent role in attacking the ISIS capital
- The timeline for Trump’s NAFTA renegotiation is getting more clear, and it could be trouble for Mexico
- A Navy SEAL explains how to make your home more secure
- Why a dispute over military bases on Okinawa spells trouble for US-Japan relations
- Philippine officials: Chinese ships spotted near coast ‘very concerning’