Jared Keller is the former managing editor of Task & Purpose. His writing has appeared in Aeon, the Los Angeles Review of Books, the New Republic, Pacific Standard, Smithsonian, and The Washington Post, among other publications.
When he’s not spearheading Task & Purpose’s gear review coverage, Jared covers military technology with an emphasis on the old and the weird.
Prior to joining Task & Purpose, Jared has worked as the social media editor for The Atlantic, the director of social media for Bloomberg News and Bloomberg Businessweek, a digital editor at Al Jazeera America, the digital director at Maxim magazine, and a contributing editor at Pacific Standard.
Jared graduated from Wesleyan University in 2009 with a degree in the College of Social Studies, an interdisciplinary program focused on social theory, economics, and politics.
- The inside story behind the Pentagon’s ill-fated quest for a real-life ‘Iron Man’ suit Task & Purpose
- James Mattis’s bizarre cult of 'lethality; The New Republic
- Disney threatens to ruin the things that made Marvel Comics special The Washington Post
- Rescuing the lost art of 9/11 The Daily Beast
- Insider America's Auschwitz Smithsonian
- Bo Dietl's done Fox News and Mar-a-Lago. Now he wants to be mayor of New York The Village Voice
- The multiverse is a flat circle Los Angeles Review of Books
- The cow tipping point Pacific Standard