Scott Murdock is a Task & Purpose commerce writer and Marine Corps veteran. Since 2020, he’s selflessly committed himself to experiencing the best gear, gadgets, stories, and alcoholic beverages in the service of you, the reader.
- Outdoor adventure gear, fitness, cars and motorcycles, travel, food
- Experience at The Drive, Outdoor Life, and Everyday Driver
Scott cut his teeth as a Marine Corps PAO at MCAS Miramar, Camp Pendleton, and Afghanistan’s Regional Command Southwest, coordinating media embeds, coverage of the first operational F-35 squadron, and promotion of the MCAS Miramar Air Show. He also represented the Headquarters & Headquarters Squadron, Third Marine Aircraft Wing at the 2013 Western Divion Rifle and Pistol Matches.
Since joining Task & Purpose in 2020, Scott has tested adventure gear ranging from hunting knives and watches to ear protection and range bags. He’s written consumer advice to help service members shopping for a new car, gotten seat time on the Harley-Davidson Pan America, and attended the launch event for the Ford Maverick. No matter what kind of gear he’s testing or where the job takes him, Scott is always on the lookout for awesome gear that’s worth your hard-earned money.
Scott graduated from Oklahoma State University with a bachelor of science degree in 2010 and completed the Public Affairs Qualification Course at Fort Meade, Maryland in 2011.
Fun Fact/Tip/Anecdote/Favorite Product
While testing the Garmin Tactix Delta Solar AB in the Nevada desert, Scott put the smartwatch’s GPS maps to the test miles outside of cellular service while staying hydrated with an advanced formula of water and hops-based carbohydrates.
- Getting down and dirty with the Garmin Tactix Delta Solar AB smartwatch Task & Purpose
- The best hunting knives worth carrying Task & Purpose
- The Task & Purpose Guide to gearing up for the most aggressively American Christmas ever Task & Purpose
- If you don’t have one of these tomahawks, do you even ‘Merica? Task & Purpose
- The best car brands and deals to look for if you’re in the military Task & Pupose
- 6 classic trucks that still make good hunting trucks Outdoor Life
- The Ford Bronco is the ultimate city-to-backcountry crossover Outdoor Life