Gear review: G3PRO Percussive Therapy Device
When was the last time you had a great massage? And, who wouldn't want that every day? Introducing the Theragun...
When was the last time you had a great massage? And, who wouldn't want that every day?
Introducing the Theragun – the G3PRO Percussive Therapy Device. As an avid athlete and also parent of two 60 pound kids who frequently fall asleep in the car on the way home at night and need to be carried up two flights of stairs, my body always hurts. I was ecstatic to try the Theragun and also slightly skeptical. Could it really “activate muscles fast?” Would it live up to the hype as the “Most advanced deep tissue massage device to effectively relieve muscle tension, soreness & pain?”
Yes it would.
Holy hell, this thing is the Jaguar of massagers.
Its lightweight, compact and effective design was just as good as a professional massage, without the anxiety of flipping over knowing that your time is halfway done.
- 2,400 RPMs for pain relief
- Delivers up to 60 lbs of pressure for deep muscle treatment
- 16mm of amplitude allows for deeper muscle treatment
- 2-speed functionality: Standard speed for deep treatment, and light speed for sensitive, sore areas
- Promotes overall range of motion
- 6 precisely-engineered antimicrobial PRO attachments included to target specific body parts
- Total body recovery in 15 minutes
- Reach 90% of the body with the rotating arm and ergonomic hand for full body recovery
- Accelerate warmup and recovery by targeting each muscle group for 15 seconds
- Target each muscle group for 2 minutes to decrease post-workout soreness
- Prevents and breaks up adhesions
- Improves muscle coordination and mobility to prevent injury
- Natural, pill-free pain relief
- Relieves muscle spasms and replenishes energy through more hydrated muscles
- Better sleep
- Promotes better posture and body awareness
- Relieves body soreness from travel and jetlag
- Replaces stretching in your daily routine
Designed with sound in mind
Our proprietary gear box has been newly designed to muffle the G3PRO's powerful motor, resulting in a 50% decrease in sound.
- Travel Case 2x Lithium-ion Batteries
- Attachment Pouch Lithium-ion Battery Charger
- Includes 2 interchangeable batteries for continuous run time
- Dampener Tender areas or near bones
- Large Ball Large muscle groups
- Standard Ball Overall use
- Wedge For scraping, shoulder blades or IT bands
- Thumb Lower back and trigger point therapy
- Cone Pinpoint muscle treatment
- Amplitude 16 mm
- Stall Force 60 lbs
- Frequency 1750 & 2400 RPMs
- Frame Professional grade plastic composite
- Internals Industrial grade Japanese motor
- Battery Life 75 minutes per battery, (two batteries included for continuous battery life)
- Type 2x Samsung Lithium-ion 4 cell, 2.5 amp
- Weight 2.90 lbs
- Dimensions 257 mm x 205 mm x 68mm
I have to say, I balked a little bit at the price, but the GovX offer is the best you'll find. And, it's easy to justify once you recognize you can get exactly three professional massages for the cost of the Theragun, which, with their awesome warranty, will last for years.
With different attachments, you get different levels of pressure and varied impact. I used the cone attachment to target that fun area where your calf muscle attaches. I used the standard attachment for the insoles of my feet. The wedge attachment was awesome on my shoulders. The triangle handle made it easy to reach my lower back which generally feels like I've been hit by a car. Every attachment, every feature made it feel like I was getting a professional level massage.
The best part? My kids thought it was a super fun treat to let them “play with it” by giving me a back massage. Sweet little suckers. But after all those trips up the stairs, they owe me.
This post was sponsored by GovX.