Membership Has Its Perks
Navy Federal can help you take your banking to the next level with exclusive membership perks and discounts focused on what service members, retirees, and veterans need the most.
- Sponsored Content
With financial security comes some obvious perks – saving for a family getaway or a down payment on a home or vehicle. Navy Federal Credit Union puts your needs first by helping you earn and save money on services and products that help you meet your goals. Their impressive membership program caters to the unique needs of active military members, retirees, and veterans at every phase of life. Membership is free, and Navy Federal makes it easy to join so you can start enjoying the benefits right away. Here are our top six perks to Navy Federal membership:
1. Active Duty Checking. personnel as well. Perks of Active Duty Checking include up to $240 in annual ATM fee rebates, no monthly service fees or balance requirements, and free personalized checks. Additionally, all checking accounts with Navy Federal include access to 30,000 ATMs nationwide, monthly dividends, and convenient online banking, which includes mobile deposit right from your phone.
2. Early payday. Navy Federal members who sign up for paycheck direct deposit with their Active Duty Checking account get their paychecks one full business day early. Direct deposit makes it easy to access and manage your money and helps protect you against mail fraud or ID theft. Plus NCFU has a handy reference calendar on their website that shows what days you will get paid.
3. Member discounts. When you sign up with Navy Federal you get access to exclusive member discounts on products and services. Some of their top discounts include a car buying service which can save you thousands when purchasing a new or used vehicle, rental car discounts, and discounts and special offers when you shop at select retailers, hotels, and more through Member Deals. And, Navy Federal members save an average of $352 more each year.
4. Loan benefits. Active duty or retired members get to enjoy .25% APR off select loans. So whether you’re looking to purchase a new car, boat, or motorcycle, or just need a personal loan, Navy Federal offers discounts on their already competitive rates. You’ll need to apply in person at an Navy Federal branch or call them directly, as this bonus doesn’t apply to online applications. They also offer refinancing options for parents or students paying off student loans. This is a great option if you’re paying off multiple loans or are saddled with a high interest rate. Navy Federal also offers a wide range of other loan services, such as student loans (which come with career assistance resources), home equity loans, and leisure vehicle loans, all with competitive rates and easy online applications.
5. No down payment mortgage options. Navy Federal is a top lender for VA home loans and offers financing offers packed with benefits, like competitive interest rates as low as 2.75%, home refinancing services, and zero down payment options. Even if you’ve already used your VA loan to purchase a home, Navy Federal offers Military Choice Home Loans for active duty service members, reservists and veterans. If you qualify, you won’t need to make a down payment on a home or have Private Mortgage Insurance, which can end up saving you a lot of money. As an added bonus, members can earn between $400 and $9,000 cash back when they use Navy Federal’s RealtyPlus program to buy or sell a home.
6. Life transition resources. No matter what phase of life your military career brings you to, Navy Federal has resources and support to make your next major transition easier on you and your family. Deploying service members can check out their Preparing for Deployment page, which offers advice on getting your finances in order and knowing what benefits are available to you. If you are going through a PCS or leaving the service for civilian life, Navy Federal’s Relocation and Separation hub is the perfect place to start to help ease your transition. You can find help on budgeting, choosing a new home, starting or managing investments, as well as an online transition kit. No matter where you are in your career, Navy Federal has what you need.
Navy Federal Credit Union can help you take your banking to the next level with exclusive membership perks and discounts focused on what service members, retirees, and veterans need the most. Whether you’re working toward your financial goals or looking to step your savings game up a notch, Navy Federal has everything you need to earn and save money on the products and services you want.
Navy Federal Credit Union is federally insured by the NCUA.
This article was sponsored by Navy Federal Credit Union.