Task & Purpose Announces Military And Veterans Writing Fellowship
More than a year ago, a small team of editors and staff here at Task & Purpose — a mix...
More than a year ago, a small team of editors and staff here at Task & Purpose — a mix of post-9/11 veterans and civilians with ties to the military and veterans community — set out with a daunting objective. We sought to work to highlight a new generation of service member and veteran, to empower the voices of a diverse and dynamic community that spans warriors, families, and advocates.
In the time since, we’ve published pieces on the military and veterans communities that have resonated and made an impact across a variety of topics, garnering millions of pageviews, and empowering the voices of more than 150 contributing writers.
But we’re not done. To that end, Task & Purpose announces its first military and veterans writing fellowship; a program designed to allow aspiring writers the support, platform, and flexibility to speak out about modern military and veterans issues and have their voices heard.
Does this sound like you?
- Strong interest in military/veterans news and affairs; informed on current events and topics related to military and veterans space.
- Experience writing and editing in a journalistic capacity and can demonstrate experience with sample work.
- Ability to file clean copy on deadline.
- Fellows are expected to pitch and write stories for the web on a variety of topics, including news, features, human interest pieces, and well as multimedia articles.
- Must be outgoing and a self-starter.
Fellows will be expected to work out of our New York City office. Hours are flexible, and students are welcome to apply. Fellows will be paid for the works published on Task & Purpose and receive a stipend.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and sample piece of writing to email@example.com with the subject line: Fellowship Application Fall 2015 — [Last name].