An idiot’s guide to what service members are called in every branch
...Or you can just keep calling all the Marines soldiers. They secretly love it.
Have you ever accidentally called a Marine “Soldier?” The look they gave you probably had you fearing for your life.
We know that trying to remember what to call the members of each military branch can get kind of confusing. Never fear! We’re here to help. This video guide will assure that you’re never in danger of being beat up by a Marine again (at least not for this reason).
What’s hot on Task & Purpose
- US military camouflage: The differences between soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, and others
- Here’s what those mysterious white ‘Z’ markings on Russian military equipment may mean
- Generation Z has a simple message when it comes to World War III: Please don’t draft me
- Army 3-star general suspended amid investigation into toxic climate and racist comments
- The best gear under $25 to make life in the field suck less, according to soldiers
Want to write for Task & Purpose? Click here. Or check out the latest stories on our homepage.