No, tattoos in the military don’t count as ‘defacing government property’
Your butterfly tramp stamp isn't hurting anyone but the person sitting behind you.
Is your terrible boot tattoo actually a crime? One of the most commonly searched questions about the service is regarding the tattoo policies in the military. What tattoos can you get? Where can you get them? Are you actually allowed to have them at all? In this video, we break down the different tattoo policies across the force so you never have to wonder again.
The latest on Task & Purpose
- Russian troops are proving that cell phones in war zones are a very bad idea
- Air Force disciplines C-130 crew for ‘unplanned’ landing to pick up motorcycle in Martha’s Vineyard
- Commandant walks back possibility of Marines skipping boot camp
- Air Force pilots explain why the F-22 Raptor is a ‘beast’ in aerial combat
- Sailors from my old ship are dying by suicide. I may know why
Want to write for Task & Purpose? Click here. Or check out the latest stories on our homepage.