The U.S. Army on Saturday identified the five soldiers who were killed in a helicopter crash last week as part of peacekeeping operations with the Multinational Force and Observers mission in Egypt.
The deceased are:
- Capt. Seth Vernon Vandekamp, 31, from Katy, Texas.
- Chief Warrant Officer 3 Dallas Gearld Garza, 34, from Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Chief Warrant Officer 2 Marwan Sameh Ghabour, 27, from Marlborough, Massachusetts
- Staff Sgt. Kyle Robert McKee, 35, from Painesville, Ohio
- Sgt. Jeremy Cain Sherman, 23, from Watseka, Illinois
The soldiers were killed in a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter crash in Sinai, Egypt on Thursday.
Two foreign service members, one French and one Czech, were also killed, according to the MFO.
Details regarding the incident were not immediately available. The incident is currently under investigation, the Army said.
"I extend the Department’s condolences to the families, friends, and teammates of these service members," Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller said in a statement this week.