The rivalry between Russia and the United States has continued unabated since the Cold War era, with each party coming out on top in certain areas: Russia wins for topless presidential photos, while the United States is better at just about everything else.
Well, almost everything else.
There’s one other area where Mother Russia reigns supreme, and that’s military fail videos. There are so many that there are actually dedicated YouTube channels just for these clips. There are rockets failing mid-launch, tanks rear ending each other, and scores of negligent discharges — one of which is with a cruise missile.
Related: Why Russia’s new tanks are a wake-up call for the US »
Thanks to groups like Meanwhile in Russia, and Crazy Russian TV, these videos are neatly organized in a few central locations, but to save you the trouble, we’ve highlighted our 10 favorite Russian military fails from these pages and elsewhere across YouTube.
1. Who needs weapon’s safety when you’ve got swagger?
2. Yeah!!! Woohoo! Oh shit! Oh shit, oh shiiieeet!
3. What’s the penalty for negligently discharging a cruise missile?
4. If at first you don’t succeed, fail, fail again.
5. Is it supposed to be on fire?
6. Shit. Are we insured?
7. Seriously. How were you guys a super power?
8. Can’t get your missile up? It’s okay, it happens.
9. I’m on the highway to hell!!!
10. Well, I guess we’ll just stay here?