Add this one to the list of amazing M1 Abrams tank names.
This one is ‘Death Trap,’ seen in a recently released photo conducting a live fire demonstration at Fort Benning’s Red Cloud Range back in March as part of the African Land Forces Summit. Death Trap is apparently assigned to the 316th Cavalry Brigade.
Just about everything in this picture is perfect. There’s the round heading downrange, the fireball emerging from the barrel, and, of course, the tank’s name.
A lot goes into naming a tank. Some names are going to be belligerent and aggressive, like “Carnage,” “Apocalypse,” and “American Badass,” all names of tanks that have been retired to the Sierra Army Depot in California.
Subscribe to Task & Purpose Today. Get the latest military news, entertainment, and gear in your inbox daily.
Tankers seem to be in a never-ending battle to come up with the best and most creative names for their tanks, and we salute whoever chose the moniker Death Trap for their M1 Abrams.
The latest on Task & Purpose
- Listen to Air Force fighter pilots intercept a ‘renegade’ plane intruding on Biden’s airspace
- An Army M1 Abrams tank dubbed ‘A Horse With No Name’ is riding through Poland
- Army Reserve major releases amateur porn video as part of political campaign
- Has the Army finally found a replacement for the Bradley Fighting Vehicle?
- Sgt. Maj. of the Army to leaders: Stop using behavioral health as a universal band-aid for problems